I spend all day preoccupied with my “to-do” list. So much so, that I’ve actually built an entire “to-do” list system just to make sure I’m as productive as possible.
But I want to start making “to-do” lists of shit I actually want to do. Like all of those trends I want to try, books I want to read, places I want to see. Maybe if I turn those things into bulleted, color-coded, organized lists I might actually prioritize them. And if I start prioritizing them, maybe I’ll actually do them.
So, for my first installment of “to-do lists of things I actually want to do”…all the books I want to read. I am notorious for starting 5 books at once and never finishing any of them. My bedside table serves as a monument for all the half-read books I’ve started and keep telling myself I’ll finish.
Along with the towering stacks of unread books literally looming over my head as I sleep, I have an Amazon cart that’s busting at the seams with titles I still need to purchase. Below is a list of all the books I actually want to read in their entirety. From cover to cover.
My hope is that by listing them out here, for the world to see, that I’ll actually hold myself accountable to reading them, to-doing them.
- Amy Schumer’s “Girl With The Lower Back Tattoo“
- Rainn Wilson’s “The Bassoon King: Art, Idiocy, and Other Sordid Tales from the Band Room” (this one came highly recommended to be listened to on Audible)
- Gary Vaynerchuk’s “Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World“
- Gretchen Rubin’s “The Happiness Project”
- Jen Glantz’s “Always A Bridesmaid (For Hire)” *
- JP Sears’ “How to Be Ultra Spiritual: 12 1/2 Steps to Spiritual Superiority”
- Hannah Brencher’s “If You Find This Letter: My Journey to Find Purpose Through Hundreds of Letters to Strangers” (this one has been sitting on my book shelf for months, waiting for me to finally open it)
*I’ve actually been able to cross this one off the list since writing this post. It was SO good you guys. Highly recommend. PLUS, Jen has offered to include a copy of her book as a prize in my upcoming giveaway. Hell yeah! I’ll be announcing that on IG soon, so make sure to follow along.
I’ve also linked all the books, if you feel like reading them with me! Do you?! Because I’d love a book buddy. We can start a little book club, but instead of discussing the books we can just cheer each other on to get them finished!
What books are on your list?